Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"I'd be at work, and all of a sudden I'd feel like I was about to have a breakdown and cry. I was so worried I'd act in an unprofessional way that I could only just do my job. I'd have to just excuse myself and say I had a headache and had to leave the office for the day. I hated everything; I hated my life. I wanted a divorce or an annulment. I felt I had no friends; I felt I had no future. I had made this terrible mistake. I thought, my God, what are we going to talk about for the rest of our lives? We're going to have dinner together, and what are we we going to say? I've nothing to say anymore. I would tell him to go away, that I wanted to be alone; and then what I really wanted was for him to insist on being with me. What really matters to me? I'd ask myself. I don't know. What would make me happy? I don't know. Well what do I want? I just don't know. And that totally freaked me out. I had no clue. There was nothing I was looking forward to." --Claudia Weaver (156)

No comments: