Wednesday, August 6, 2008

RockStar!

I am running the store for Kate for the next few days. It is relaxing, but the street-rascal kitten Ruby keeps meowing for food and I don't know where any is! Having the next three days out of my house and put somewhere for eight hours a day will give me a chance to catch up on some reading and research, and to start reworking and re-outlining the book. I will post what I am working on as I go.

On a side note, I've been getting down the last couple days about where I am going to park the bus once it is done, a place where I will not be hassled. Talking with Jen last night made me realize that unless I move it each day (which I might do, change of scenery!), people really can call the police, citing a variety of valid and not-so-valid reasons why I can not park at so-and-so. There is a reason why noone really does this. But I will not be deterred! God made the Israelites dwell in tents so they didn't get too comfy in any one place. "My father was a wandering Aramean." I will be a wandering monk!

Not that I necessarily want to be. If anyone has a lawn or property near Phila they would let me park on, that would solve a lot of problems. Please spread the word! There will also be a plea in the story on the Urban Hermitage in the Philadelphia Weekly slated to run Aug. 27th. Stay tuned!

No comments: