Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Into the Wild

When I was in Paris I walked through the cemetery in Montemarte. There are lots of impressive tombs and monuments. Each tomb I came to, whether the stained glass windows were broken and it was filled with leaves and bugs, I pointed it out to Jeannie and told her how much I would love to spend a night in one of those creepy tombs. I can even see them now in my mind.

I will be spending my first night in the bus tonight. I have my rucksack filled with my sleeping bag, clothes, books, and food. To be honest I don't really want to go; it is cozy here in the house, and it is raining outside. I will stay in the bus through Thursday or Friday. I will pray and read, make tea and eat bread, wash dishes, write. Not much to do. If I was going to be an anchorite, this is what it would look like. So we'll try a couple nights and see how things go. Society is corrupting, but I am even more corrupting to my self. I will pray to St. Julian of Norwich, the Anchoress, for strength in prayer and for direction in a life I don't feel much like living these days.

No comments: