Thursday, January 15, 2009

Evening Prayer

Lord, I just wanted to thank you for the other night when I came to you, dropping my heart on the floor, though already broken. I know you heard me and did not stay silent as you often do. I composed myself, and left you, and went next door to Mass. I wasn't even going to go, but I heard you call, all the way in East Falls, on my way home. You said to come, so I came and told you everything about my loneliness.

After Mass a guy next to me (I know you know this already) asked me if I wanted to come to his house to hang out with some people. I did. You handed me an oar, and told me to paddle. I did.

It was great, to connect with other people through a random meeting. They were real, too, genuine, and like me...struggling to live good lives, falling, getting up. They were Christians. I left, feeling better, the cold ride home made less bitter.

You told me to paddle some more, and so I got out of my self and worked up some nerve, and met a great girl. We are getting together Sunday. I really like her, Lord; she is sweet, nice, pretty, Catholic...and real.

I am working at Kate's store this weekend. That was nice of you to prompt her to call me as well. I could use the money, and it keeps me busy.

Thank you for turning your ear to my prayer. I am doing my part to get out and live my life, and I just wanted to thank you for your help in doing that.


Rob

No comments: