Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Being a pessimist makes you a complainer to yourself. I'm not too fond of complainers, including myself...when I get like this....grass is greener feeling...everything 'unsatisfactory.' Not liking where you are or who you are or what you feel capable of. Seeing an expanse of future gray. Feeling overwhelmed. Being afraid of cars and people and people in cars hitting people on bikes and the city and competition for finite resources. Longing to work quietly in a nursery ("Grass Is Greener Nursery") planting things. The LORD blessed me with a new route home on a bike path. I'm sure I could think of a few other good things as well. But the sun is almost down...it's much past my bedtime.

1 comment:

reginaterrae said...

Have you looked for nursery jobs? Maybe that's why you didn't get hired at Rosemont. Maybe, like me, you have this subtle prejudice that "professional" jobs are more worthy ... you can follow your bliss. (yes, I'm going through the same vocational angst)